The Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS; in Dutch HBO: higher vocational training) that have a Bachelor of Applied Science programme in bioinformatics are organized in LOBIN. Several other UASs that have a substantial bioinformatics part in their life sciences or biomedical programmes are also involved in LOBIN activities.
LOBIN activities include exchange of curriculum information, collaborative PR-efforts to increase interest in bioinformatics amongst students and organisation of teacher trainings – in 2008 on Workflow management and Grid and in 2011 about Next Generation Sequencing.
In the education section of this website you can find more information about the activities organised by LOBIN and NBIC.
- Dr. Martijn van der Bruggen - secretary, Hogeschool Arnhem Nijmegen
- Dr. Celia van Gelder - chair, Radboud University Nijmegen, NBIC
- Dr. Marja Krosenbrink - Hogeschool Leiden
- Dr. Jan-Peter Nap, Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- Tilman Todt, Dipl.-Biochem, MBA Hogeschool Arnhem Nijmegen
- Dr. Ida van der Veen, Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- Dr. Annemiek Wilmink, Hogeschool Avans Breda