NBIC/SIB International Winterschool 2013 - In the intersection of bioinformatics and medicine
- 11 Mar 2013 - 15 Mar 2013
- Kandersteg, Switzerland
- cancer genomics and treatments, GWAS studies, analysis of medical records and ontologies, drug testing and design
- NBIC & SIB
- Gelder, van Celia Dr.
Bioinformatics has an essential place in the interplay of genomics, drug discovery and clinical diagnostics, and can thus bring new insights to the physicians’ daily work. Bioinformatics is needed, for instance, in massive genome data analysis, data integration, clever data mining, clinical expert systems, variant databases, from protein domain knowledge to phenotype, among many options. This winter school will span four main hot topics in the intersection of bioinformatics and medicine: cancer genomics and treatments, GWAS studies, analysis of medical records and ontologies, drug testing and design.
- Niko Beerenwinkel (BSSE, ETHZ, and SIB, CH)
- Florian Markowetz (Cancer Research, UK)
- Sven Bergmann (UniL and SIB, CH)
- Han Brunner (Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, and NBIC, NL)
- Tina Ritschel (Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, and NBIC, NL)
- Marcus Gastreich (BioSolveIT, D)
- Frank van Harmelen (VU University Amsterdam, NL)
- Janna Hasting (EBI, UK and SIB, CH)