- Oral presentation
- Application showcase
All project participants in the NBIC programmes who are working on a NBIC paid BioRange position were obliged to submit an abstract of their project. We also highly appreciated the submission of abstracts from BioAssist projects and from BioRange projects, which are already finished. The Programme Committee has selected plenary lectures from these abstracts.
The winner of the oral presentation:
- 1st price, an iPodTouch, was handed out to: Robbie Joosten, NKI-AVL
All participants of the BioRange Project Meeting have been invited to submit an abstract for a poster. Submissions for oral presentations that have not been selected, could be presented as a poster. All current BioRange projects were expected to present a poster at the meeting on March 29.
The winner of the poster presentation:
- 1st price, an iPod Shuffle, was handed out to: Bruno Tesson, University of Groningen
Application Showcase presentation
We invited everyone who has developed an interesting/new bioinformatics application (e.g. software/database) to send in an abstract for the application showcase which was planned on the 2nd day of the NBIC Conference, on March 30, 2010.
From the abstracts submitted the application showcase selection committee selected 11 applications for a table top presentation during the coffee and lunch breaks on March 30. A jury pointed out 3 finalists who have been asked to present their application for the conference audience during the final round of the application showcase in the afternoon. The conference audience voted to select the winner:
The winners of the Application Showcase:
- 1st price, a Sony E-Reader Touch, was handed out to: Martijn Dijkstra, University of Groningen
- 2nd price, an iPod Shuffle, was handed out to: Bas Vroling, UMC Nijmegen, NCMLS
- 3rd price, an iPod Shuffle, was handed out to: Bas van Breukelen, NPC/Utrecht University