Bioinformatics Training Network (BTN)
A community resource for bioinformatics trainers
The Bioinformatics Training Network (BTN) is a network comprising individuals involved in the provision of bioinformatics training. The BTN is a community-based project with a two-fold ambition:
- to bring together people involved in bioinformatics training to share experiences and best practices;
- to offer a centralized repository of bioinformatics training material and information (www.biotnet.org) freely available to the community.
Annual BTN meetings
The BTN has organized two annual meetings in Cambridge (2010 and 2011). The BTN2012 network meeting will take place in the Netherlands.
Everyone involved in bioinformatics training and education is invited to become a member of the BTN and share their teaching materials and experiences. Please join the trainers and organizers that have done this already!
Workshop at ECCB2012
Call for contributions is now open.
See also a news item about this workshop.
BTN Organizing Committee 2012
- Allegra Via, University of Rome (chair)
- Teresa Attwood, University of Manchester (co-chair)
- Celia van Gelder, NBIC (secretary)
- Vicky Schneider, EBI (member)