NBIC HotTopics are a series of NBIC meetings committed to bringing scientists together to discuss the concepts and methods on a hot topic in their research field. It should provide a platform to keep in touch with peers in the field and foster sharing of new insights, applications and collaborations. Therefore, the aim of the meeting is not to present the latest results of your own work, but rather to identify new trends and breakthroughs in the field in general.
Four scientists will give a 20 minute lecture followed by 40 minutes of discussion on the important computational concepts:
- What does a method try to accomplish?
- What assumptions were made?
- How does this method compare to similar ones?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses and pitfalls?
- Can we apply it in other areas?
- What are the limitations and challenges for new applications and developments?
The meetings are located in Utrecht.