The People of BioAssist
Most of the work in BioAssist is done by scientific programmers and scientists inside the academic groups collaborating in the Task Forces. To support those efforts, the following people play an organizational role:
- Kees Burger – BET core software engineer, contact person for potential commercial applications
- Christine Chichester – Chief Information Officer of BioAssist, also principle investigator and interim project leader for the interoperability task force.
- Rob Hooft – Chief Technology Officer, leader of the core Engineering Team, backup for the project leaders for each of the task forces.
- Machiel Jansen – Project leader for e-BioGrid
- Hailiang (Leon) Mei – BET core software engineer and project leader for the genomics task force.
- Erik van Mulligen – Prototype software engineer
- Barend Mons – One of the three scientific directors of NBIC, leading BioAssist and responsible for international relations
- Theo Reijmers - Principle research engineer
- Marcel Reinders – One of the three scientific directors of NBIC, primarily responsible for BioRange, helps Barend Mons lead BioAssist from an information science perspective.
- Michael van Vliet – BET core software engineer