BioWise is not only operating at a national level. All our Bioinformatics and Life Sciences targeted courses are open to and visited by several international participants. Furthermore, we have collaborations with many international partners on education levels ranging from the general public to PhDs and beyond:
- NBIC is involved in the BTN, the Bioinformatics Training Network.
- NBIC is co-founder of GOBLET, the Global Organisation for Bioinformatics Learning, Education and Training.
- NBIC has an education collaboration with SIB, the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics:
o Together, we are organizing summer- and winterschools:
- NBIC/SIB Summerschool 2010
- NBIC/SIB Winterschool 2013
o Together with a.o. SIB , we are working on the eBiomics project. eBiomics is a website for e-learning and teaching/training in bioinformatics, aimed at life scientists. It covers a broad range of bioinformatics topics and domains and is freely accessible.
- The bioinformatics@school-project is collaborating with Universität des Saarlandes/ Intel Visual Computing Institute, Center for Bioinformatics and with Local Intelligence on a augmented reality protein lesson for high school students.